Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shades of blue (and grey)

  • Blazer, Axcess
  • Blue sleeveless top, JC Penney
  • White 3/4 sleeve tee, Port Authority
  • Pants, Lane Bryant
  • Shoes, Franco Sarto
  • Jewelery, The Difference

Is it gray or grey? I never know, and I can't decide which I prefer. Oh well!

Two realizations - one, these pants are too short for these heels. I need to try them with flats. If they are still too short, I'll need to either modify they (crop, or add something to the bottom to make them longer) or thrift them. I may just throw them in the bag for Salvation Army - they are 6 years old, after all - but at the same time, I enjoy having something other than black, brown and grey in in my pants repertoire.

The second realization - I get more dressed up than my colleagues. It draws a lot of comments. I wish I was confident in jeans a tshirt, but I'm just not. I need to be dressed up to feel good about myself and feel confident that I know what I'm doing. The way I'm dressed definitely affects my outlook and the way I teach. So I guess I'll just continue to be overdressed.

No comments: