Monday, September 22, 2008

Preppy in Pearls

  • Cardigan, Lane Bryant
  • Ivory top, GNW
  • Brown lace cami, The Difference
  • Brown pinstripe pants, Ann Taylor Outlet
  • Brown Loafers, no idea
  • Pearl necklace, gifted

I feel very preppy today, what with the pearls and all. A little stepford wife-ish or something. It's fun, but not very "me." I think the next time I wear the pearls I need to funk up the outfit a little, and the next time I wear the outfit I need to funk up the jewelry. It's all a little too predictable.

I also need to find new brown shoes. I have had these for ages, but they are beginning to fall apart. Not to mention, the have these little hooks on the outside. Today I was standing in front of the class as we were having a discussion. One of my students was saying something, but I couldn't hear him so I took a step toward him. I'd had my feet crossed at the ankles, and as I stepped I realized my shoes were hooked together. I fell into a (thankfully unoccupied) seat in the front row and my shoes came flying off. We all had a good laugh over it, but I think it's time to find some shoes without hooks!

No comments: